Financial Year ending is a good time to do some stock taking and check where we stand w.r.t. our investment goals. There has been some interest from my friends on what are the different funds I am investing in. So, I thought why not present the current list of funds in which we invest currently, something some of my friends have been pressing me to do so
Presenting.. my mutual fund portfolio as on Mar 31 2016:
- Axis Long Term Equity Fund
- Franklin India Prima Plus
- Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund
- ICICI Pru Focussed Bluechip Fund
- IDFC Premier Equity Fund
- PPFAS Long Term Value fund
- HDFC Mid-cap Opportunities Fund
- Mirae Asset India Opportunities Fund
- Motilal Oswal Multicap 35
- Tata Balanced
- Birla Dynamic Bond Fund – Growth
- Birla Sunlife Floating Rate Fund – Short Term Fund Plan
- Franklin India Ultra Short Term Super Institutional Plan
These Debt Funds are part of our emergency fund corpus.
I have been a big fan of VPF and wanted to maximise my contributions to the extent allowed by my cash requirement. However, with the recent proposed taxation rules and potential recurrence of the same in a different avatar in future, I decided to move our VPF investments which was mainly targeted for retirement into a couple of MF. The following 2 funds are currently being employed (last 1 month) for contributing our VPF contributions and building a portion of our retirement corpus.
- HDFC Balanced Fund
- ICICI Pru Value Discovery Fund
- All funds are in Growth Option
- Funds in this color indicate that the investment is through DIRECT mode and not through any advisor.
EDIT: Based on a request from my friends, I have added this table of returns. Please note that some of the direct funds may not yet have 3Y or 5Y returns.
Thoughts/Feedback/Suggestions/Comments are most welcome….