This month was interesting with the aftermath of Brexit and with the earnings’ season kicking in. Last month end, I took a hard look at my portfolio and felt a need to diversify the investments across sectors, while keeping the number of stocks to an absolute minimum. This means picking stocks that are fundamentally good while avoiding traps, ensuring the safety of my capital.
Some decisions that I took this month include:
- Exiting Sintex and Tata Motors DVR for the time being. I plan to add these counters in coming months.
- Wanted to diversify into a Mid-cap IT stock and hence, booked profits in Tech Mahindra and added Mindtree. The only flip side of the story is that I added just before results and the story is that the stock is pounded for now.
- Tech Mahindra has moved to my watchlist for now
- Infosys results were disappointing. I halved my stake and booked profits (LTCG)
- Bought GoodYear, TVS Motors from Auto space, Coromondel International from Fertilizers
- Added Coal India to make it a nice round number
My current portfolio is as below:
My Wife’s portfolio is untouched for now as below
In the next month, I plan to start SIP in some stocks. More on this in the coming month.
Suggestions/Feedback/Comments/Thoughts are welcome