Yayyy !!! X’mas is here and the new year is just around the corner. This is the time of the year when I audit and review my goals. I had described about how I go about planning for my goals in an earlier post. For the first time, I am sharing how I am faring about with my goals. First, the chart..
For all these goals, there are 2 buckets:
- Primary (Main): This is a combination of Mutual Funds in which we invest regularly.
- Secondary (Backup): This is mainly Insurance Policies (yes, I continue to hold them) & Debt instruments (also used as emergency funds).
Some points to note:
- The retirement corpus mainly comprises of EPF and PPF. Only in the past year, we have a couple of MF running as a replacement for VPF.
- Our stock portfolio is the secondary / backup for our Retirement Corpus only.
- The percentage figures are w.r.t. target numbers i.e. inflation corrected numbers as per the expected target year.
- Gold and Silver for children’s marriage are planned separately and aren’t included in these numbers.
My expectation is to become financially independent ASAP. We don’t plan to take any new loans in the foreseeable future and hope to remain in the bliss of being in loan-free state.
Comments/Feedback/Thoughts/Suggestions are most welcome.